Friday, March 13, 2009

I'm back.....finally!

I am finally back. The flu took a little longer to get over than I expected. Thank you so much Lucy for checking in on me.

I have been sewing a lot in the last 2 days. I pieced this quilt together for my niece who is expecting. I have enough fabric to make another one which I will probably put in my "grandmother to be one of these years" hope chest. I just love the yellow fabric which is why I am going to save one of the quilts. Aren't those little birds the cutest?
Here is another project I have been working on......one of Miss Melly's patterns. This is for my 24 year old daughter. She humors me .....well , actually she loves them. I made her a Mr. Magoo awhile back. I just make sure that they go with her decor. ;-) Just need to sew on the arms and get some eyes.

I found an extra pattern that I already have.....if anyone wants it let me know and I will send it on.


Have a good rest of the weekend,
Cathy



5 comments:

  1. Cathy, I'm sorry that you've been sick, but glad to hear you're feeling better!

    You're right, those birds are way cute! But I simply have to find the Miss Melly pattern you just made, that is beyond cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back... I just love the pink and yellow fabric -- so darling. Perfect for a baby quilt. I bet your niece will love it

    Those Melly & Me animals are darling. I have the Magoo pattern and need to get busy and make mine -- I'm thinking of using one of Tula Pinks new fabric. If you ever get a chance, post a picture of your Magoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what you've been up to. Really like the quilt. Is it whirlygiggle with a twist? It looks great and I love the little animal. Love the colors too!! You have been busy!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy, I just have a phone picture of Mr. Magoo that isn't very good so I will get my DD to send me one of hers and I will then post it. He is lots of fun to make.....stuffing his arms and legs take the longest!
    Thank you so much Heather! The baby quilt is a neat pattern called Twisted Sisters by Ami Sims. That is the 4th time that I have made that quilt. There is a template that comes with the pattern which make it so much fun.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Magoo is just the cutest. If you still have the pattern I'd love to have one. I'd even pay you for it if you want. Just let me know.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete